Saturday, March 15, 2008

ELF DRAWING

Sorry for the crappy scan job. I may buy myself a bigger scanner. This is an elf I drew. When I had a freelance job way back in December, I had to draw an elf for an online video game they were working on. Unfortunately, it didn't work out that well so they had me do some other stuff in Flash. That didn't seem to work out either and I got fired. It's a long story but to sum it up, it just didn't work out. Since it has been a while and I feel that I have improved a lot since then, that I would give this another shot. I may be having an interview coming up next week, so I want to finish this to show more polished flash work. There will be a crystal blow elevating above her (hence why she is reaching upward) I will be doing that in flash so that is why it isn't drawn. I'm also going to ink and color her in Flash as well. Originally, the client that I was working with on the freelance job wanted a realistic looking elf. I think I accomplished that pretty well. So yea, that's pretty much it. Hopefully, I'll post the finished version up soon. There is no great concept behind it. At the time, it just needed to get done and I'm a touch situation to begin with.  
I haven't posted any new progress updates from my last blog because I started painting it and it just wasn't working out. It was mostly because I did a really crappy job scanning it and I tried a different method of working and it just wasn't working out. I'm going to revisit that and figure out how to paint it. 

1 comment:

Bianca Franco Scherer said...

I like this elf- I want to see the finished piece.