Saturday, January 30, 2010

another painting....

Remember Devil Ducks? Well anyway, they were pretty popular at one point. My mom used to collect them. They have all different kinds of devil ducks. Since I haven't painted in about a couple of weeks, I decided to paint on of these. This was actually pretty hard to paint. There really wasn't too much lighting except for a faint cool light coming from the side of it. Painting a cool yellow light is a little odd because you don't want the color looking washed out. The duck was also mostly in gray tones which is super annoying to deal with. I spent a little bit longer than I thought I would be painting it and I'm still not entirely satisfied with it. I haven't painted in a while because I have been busy learning other things. I've been brushing up on my Dreamweaver and CSS/HTML skills incase I need it for my job. I've gotten a lot better at it and learned a lot about HTML and I'm actually going to try and teach myself Javascript.
In the mean time, I just started taking another Flash/Actionscript class. This one is a bit more advanced but it hasn't been too bad so far. The next two to three classes will be more of a review so that will def be helpful. I finally learned how to create a custom scrollbar. You can view it on http://iantopple.posterous.com/ I I'll be doing Flash experiments on there so def check it out.
 I also just started a new job. It's a part time graphic design job at a company not far from home. This has been my second week. So far things have been working out and the work environment is a lot better than my last job. That's about it for now. More postings soon....

No comments: