Thursday, February 4, 2010

a 40 min painting...

I probably spent about 40 minutes working on this. It's the same highlighter but in a completely different lighting scheme. I just really liked how the lighting looked on it so I felt like painting it last night. This is probably my favorite of the highlighter series so far. I think I had more fun painting this because I liked the lighting situation more. I think the reason why I might have had trouble with the previous highlighter paintings was because I wasn't as interested in it. I thought the lighting in this one was really cool. I think I just liked the warm lights and darks in it mostly and I started to pump up a little bit of the saturation in the midtones. If I had more time, I would have played around with that more. More to come soon...

No comments: