Wednesday, May 11, 2011

some progress....

Here is some progress to the drawing below. I finally had some time to work on it. I've been tweaking some of the anatomy as well. I'm starting to feel more confident with myself and I will continue to push myself some more. 
I haven't had much time to draw in the past couple of days because I ended up getting a freelance graphic design gig. A local company needs e-blasts done for events that they put together once or twice a month. This is really my first real freelance job that I got. I don't know if that's a sad thing or not but I'm glad I'm starting with something. Unfortunately, the past two days have been really stressful because the company needed it to go out in the beginning of the week so I've spend Monday and Tuesday night finalizing the design and coding it in html. Let's just day I'm glad it's over. The finished e-blast ad is pasted below. It was nice to work on a drawing for a change tonight and not anything graphic design related. 

It was probably the most challenging thing I've done in a long time because at both my part time jobs, things have gotten a bit boring and they aren't the most creative places to work at. I feel like I really pushed myself with trying different techniques and ideas where at my other jobs, I don't always have that opportunity. 

Luckily, everything worked out and he wants me to work on another e-blast later this week. Hopefully this will be a continuous thing and it will give me some extra money in the bank. 

Any thoughts and comments are always welcome. 

No comments: