Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Working progress...

Here's the working progress of the image so far.

I realized I had to redraw the girl a bunch of times in order to get her right. I'm finally happy with how she came out.

I realize now after looking at it that I will probably need to fix the shadows and make them look more like they did in the color thumbnail. They look too long for the time of day I'm going for.

I wanted to try something new and get out of my comfort zone for a change. Children book illustration has crossed my mind so I wanted to give it a try. I also haven't really painted any outdoor scenes before because I was too afraid. It sounds stupid but there is a lot to think about when you are painting an outdoor scene, not dimension I had to use perspective and cast shadows. For some reason cast shadows scared me. 

While working on it, I'm not sure if this what I want to do be doing. It was definitely challenging and I've been learning a lot from it but I think I really need to figure out what it is "I" really like drawing.

We'll see what happens. My goal is to finish this by the weekend. 

No comments: