Sunday, February 27, 2011

redoing previous black and white character...

I decided to redo the previous black and white character from a couple of posts down because I wasn't completely satisfied with it. I'm liking how this is coming out but I'm not sure how I feel about the face. I'm not sure if I like the stylization of it yet. I'll look back at it later.

What I'm noticing when working on something for a while is that I'll take a break, then look at back and notice a shit load of anatomy problems that I didn't notice before and it's a constant back and forth battle. It took me a little bit of time to get most of the anatomy problems fixed and I'm sure I'll keep fixing it along the way. I guess the good thing about this is that at least I'm noticing these problems and resolving them to the best I can. I should start thinking that at least it's a start in the right direction. I always have to take a quick break to notice these problems though. But at least I'm noticing them which means that my instincts are getting stronger. I'm going to put some finishing touches on it tomorrow and it will hopefully be finished with it. I didn't have to spend as much time on this either compared to how long some other characters take. I spent about 3 hours yesterday and a couple of hours today. Not sure if that's slow or not. I'll keep posting soon.

No comments: