Monday, July 22, 2013

Sick with a stomach virus

My goal was to finish the cat illustration last week but I ended up catching a stomach virus. It lasted 5 days but I'm finally coming around. Today was the first day I was able to go back to work. Having a stomach virus is not fun. At times, I felt like I was dying.

Anyway, I feel like this is getting closer to completion. I wanted more of a background but yet again, it doesn't look like there is going to be. I will have to plan it out better next time. I am also going to add more of the texture back into the background.



One of the things I learned so far is that this took way too long and I should not be such a perfectionist. But... I am glad I spent the time redrawing the cats I was not satisfied with and I finally got the big cat silhouette the way I had it in my head.

Before doing this, my animal anatomy was not as good as I thought it was. Spending time doing a gazillion cat and animal anatomy studies have definitely made me more confident in drawing animals in different poses.

I really feel that I can finish this by this weekend unless something unexpected happens.

No comments: